We provide comprehensive waste management solutions.
Hazardous waste is regulated under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and includes materials that are known or tested to exhibit one or more of the following four hazardous traits: ignitability, reactivity, corrosiveness and toxicity. Echelon’s core centers of excellence are:
- Waste Disposal. Hazardous & Non-Hazardous Waste, On-Site Waste Treatment, Sampling & Testing, and Decontamination and Closure
- HazMat Transportation. Shipment by Highway, Air & Sea, Radioactive Shipments and Transportation Advisory
- Supplemental Staffing Assistance. Part time Manager for Waste Program Oversight
- Program Development. Waste Management, Waste Minimization, HazMat Transportation and Safety
- Personnel Training. EPA, DOT and OSHA Training
- Executive Advisory. Best Practices & Strategies for Innovative Waste Management Solutions
We understand your unique requirements.
Our clients include industrial enterprises, municipalities, research laboratories, schools and universities, manufacturers and many commercial and non-profit enterprises. In serving them, we understand the unique requirements of waste management, including the full range of hazardous waste types:
- Flammables: Waste Paints, Thinners & Adhesives
- Corrosives: Waste Acids and Caustics
- Oxidizers: Waste Peroxides and Reactives
- Toxic Wastes: Poisons, Metals & Other Listed Hazardous Wastes
- Non-Hazardous Wastes: Petroleum Contaminated Soils/Waste Oils & Oil Filters
- Special Waste: Batteries, Fluorescent Lamps, Asbestos & Mercury-Containing Instruments
- Lab Packs: Institutional & Laboratory Chemicals in small containers
- Pressurized Cylinders: Including Lecture Bottles & Aerosol Cans
- Low-Level Radioactive Waste: Hospital Waste, Instrument Sources & Depleted Uranium Counterweight
Your regulatory compliance is assured.
The regulation of hazardous waste is important to the protection of the environment and human health. The EPA has developed strict requirements for all aspects of hazardous waste management, including treatment, storage, and disposal. In addition to these federal requirements, states develop requirements that are broader in scope than the federal regulations. We help business owners and managers deal with the myriad of regulations governing the environmental, safety and logistics aspects of their operations.
“I have worked with Mr. Harvey on a professional basis regularly and intermittently over the past twenty years. Through Ron’s dedicated effort, responsible planning and respectful leadership; the projects were completed in an efficient and timely manner to the satisfaction of the customer. Mr. Harvey has demonstrated expert working knowledge of various applicable regulatory and environmental concerns, particularly EPA, TSCA, DOT and OSHA compliance issues.”- Douglas Roshau, Project Manager, Advanced Environmental Solutions