Do you know all of the requirements for hazardous waste management?
We design efficient, effective Waste Management Programs.
Evaluation. A robust Waste Management Program and is your best defense against violations and fines, and can also reduce your operational costs. Summarily, you need to demonstrate that your plan is fully compliant. Our comprehensive review of your facility’s operations and the adequacy your existing program, if applicable, will define the:
- Characterization. By applying generator knowledge and laboratory analysis, the wastes can be characterized according to the RCRA characteristics and DOT hazard classes. RCRA regulated wastes (hazardous wastes, waste oils and universal wastes) are subject to specific standards. Non-RCRA wastes are not subject to those standards.
- Packaging, Marking and Labeling. The DOT regulates hazardous waste packaging for transportation. Proper packaging is essential because it provides for safe movement of the waste once it leaves your possession. Having characterized the wastes, we design the proper packaging and the markings to communicate the hazards of the materials.
- Transportation. The election of a qualified and responsible transportation company is critical and we can recommend carriers with proven reliability and integrity.
Preparedness is your best defense against disaster.
- Emergency Preparedness Plan. The best response to a spill is to have an Emergency Preparedness Plan in place. EPA regulations in 40 CFR 262 require some hazardous waste generators to have written contingency plans that require mandate specified equipment, training and exercises. Large quantity generators are required to have a contingency plan, and small quantity generators are required to implement certain components of these contingency plans. We develop contingency plans that are appropriate for the volume of waste (or materials) you store and for the hazards of those materials.
“I have worked with Mr. Harvey on a professional basis regularly and intermittently over the past twenty years. Through Ron’s dedicated effort, responsible planning and respectful leadership; the projects were completed in an efficient and timely manner to the satisfaction of the customer. Mr. Harvey has demonstrated expert working knowledge of various applicable regulatory and environmental concerns, particularly EPA, TSCA, DOT and OSHA compliance issues.”
– Douglas Roshau, Project Manager, Advanced Environmental Solutions