We manage risk, and protect the environment and human health.
Over the road transportation of hazardous wastes or dangerous goods poses more than the risk of spills. Some of the most frequently cited violations for waste generators arise from a lack of comprehensive hazardous materials transportation compliance initiatives. Today, hazardous materials transportation risk management on strategic, financial and operational levels is more important than ever. To enable companies to do this, Ron Harvey has designed a Transportation Advisory service that meets a spectrum of definitive needs.
- Document Management. Maintaining records of your testing activities, waste shipments, personnel training and security plans is a significant determinant of transportation compliance.
- Material Identification and Characterization. The first step in HazMat shipping is to identify all the freight that is potentially regulated as hazardous materials. Making accurate determinations of the physical and chemical characteristics of the material are also critical for compliant shipping.
- Hazard Class / Shipping Name. One of the most important steps in proper transportation of hazardous materials is the determination of the Hazard Class and Proper Shipping Name. All subsequent decisions are based upon this vital step.
- Material Packaging. Selecting shipping containers of the proper integrity is a very important aspect of the safety of your shipment.
- Container Closure. Spills are often caused by failed container closures. Containers for hazardous materials have closure specifications determined by the manufacturer, and HazMat shippers must comply with these requirements.
- Hazard Communication. Labeling and marking of containers and placarding of the transport vehicle are the lynchpins for communicating the hazards of your shipments to transportation workers, law enforcement officers and the public at large.
- Loading / Securement. Proper loading of containers onto the transport vehicle and adequate securement of the containers is one of the most important steps in spill prevention.
- Shipping Documents. The shipping papers, emergency response information, and land disposal restriction notification (for wastes) must be completed accurately and presented to the transporter.
- IATA HazMat Shipping. Small quantities of hazardous materials can be packed and prepared for shipment by air or ground via FedEx (domestic/international) or DHL (international only).
Statement of Value
“Echelon Environmental provides a distinctive array of waste management solutions, and in doing so, provides large-firm capabilities with small- firm service. We will solve the most pressing management problems with objectivity, a measured approach and a work ethic that delivers the highest possible echelon of value and the results that our clients want.”
– Ron Harvey
Do you have a pressing
hazardous waste problem?
Email or call me.